Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pollution, environment and education.


Hello dear classmates, today, I’m going to talk about a topic that I like a lot: the environment and the pollution. I always liked recycling and all the practices that this topic includes, because I think that we can’t be selfish, we have to think in the future’s generation.


I think that the concerning about environmental things is a speech that nowadays appears in the newspaper, radio, television, internet, at schools, in every place. But unfortunately I have a pessimistic point of view of the "present conditions" of this topic. Most people –I say this because of my life’s experience- doesn’t care about recycling or buying biodegradable things. And is the younger people that is actually learning environmental friendly practices, such as dividing the waste, the biodegradable things from the non biodegradable ones, using less water in every activity such as taking a shower, brushing their teeth, washing the dishes, etc. These practices, I think that have been learned mostly at internet or TV. Greenpeace is a big organization that pretends making massive the information about genetically modified food, air and water pollution, species that are in danger, acid rain, global warming, etc.


Since I was child I had a concern about animals and the environment, I think that this can be explained by my mother, who is teacher of natural sciences. I try not to contaminate, I try to reuse plastic bags, and I don’t buy things that have packages with lot of plastic things, I also try not to take long showers, and I support environmental causes on the internet. I don’t use bike, I prefer walking and public transport.


Other thing that I have done was an environmental project that included every level of my school and included community work with the neighbors and the city hall. I pretended to create a little subject that could teach friendly environmental practices, and many other things that are a bit long to tell here.


I think that a thing that is missing in our society is popular education, and became aware of the big and serious problem that is the pollution, how it affects people health, animals and every member of our society. We can change this situation and make a better world to future generations! We can teach healthy practices for every living being.


Have a nice week!
Bye bye!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's good that you have tried to make an ecological project, so bad it didn't work, maybe in th future you'll have an other instance to do it.

    ReplyDelete