Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My experience during high school




Hello dear friends, today I’m going to talk about my experience in high school.
First I would like to tell you that I went to the same school since I was 5 years old, since kindergarten. My mother works there, and when I was in 8th grade she was my teacher of the subject of natural sciences. My teachers were really good, my favorite one was Miss Myrtha Sandoval, and she was teacher of chemistry, I loved chemistry. But, in my school when you are in 2nd grade of high school, you have to decide whether you prefer the area of social sciences, artistic area, mathematical area or scientific area. Although I loved chemistry, I was sure that I didn’t wanted to work a career related with that, I wanted to study something connected with human beings, and a work when you could work in many different things, investigations, and travelling a lot. That is why I decide studying anthropology, but the social sciences’ subjects that I had in high school didn’t helped me by the moment I had to choose my career, that doesn’t mean that the education was bad, it means that the focus of the school was to preparing in any area that you wanted, and also includes a preparation for the PSU. The education I received at my school, make me be surer about the decisions I have taken.
I think that my school, can improved the education they bring to the students, by including more ecological issues since the little kinds start going to school. Also they can improve the green areas, that helps students in order to connected with nature, and also they can generate a sense of responsibility with the community, not only the community of the school, but also a responsibility with family, animals, and different aspects of society. As I think that you can change things you don’t like or are disagree with, I tried to start an ecological project in my school, the authorities paid me attention and we had some meetings, but when I left school, the project was forgotten. In other area, my school is every day more technological, I remember that when I was a child, we used to have only 2 computers at the library; nowadays we have a computer lab.



Hope you have a nice week!


Bye bye!

3 comments:

  1. the last thing you mention about computers, is incredible, how our schools had change, when I was little my school was more much simple and now it's every day more technological.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is very interesntig your history. I like very much you go since vey small to the same school.
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you loved Chemestry...I hated it, I never understood it, it was like an unending war to me... well, I think that's why I didn't studied a scientist career....
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete